Information for au pairs from the EU

Are you an EU or EFTA citizen? Have you done the Quick Check yet? Here you will find important information about the formalities in your host country Germany. You will be informed on everything you need to consider, step by step.

You are not from an EU or EFTA State? In this case, you should click here.

If you are from an EU or EFTA member state, you do not need a visa to enter Germany. However, there are some formalities you need to consider.

Step 1: Is your identity card or passport still valid?

For your trip to Germany, you need a valid identity card or passport. Check the validity of your documents before leaving your country.

Step 2: Register at the residents' registration office (Einwohnermeldeamt)

Upon arrival in Germany, you are required to register at the residents' registration office (Einwohnermeldeamt).

For this purpose, you will need the following documents:

  • Identity card or passport
  • Au pair contract signed by yourself and your host family

We are continually researching and updating our host country information, but cannot guarantee that all material provided is complete and correct. If you notice gaps or inaccuracies, we would like to hear from you.

Log in to AuPairWorld


Security question

If you forget your password, you must answer a security question correctly. Only then will it be possible to reset your password and regain access to your profile. Please select a question now and enter an answer for it.