Au pair in Italy
For au pairs headed to Italy or host families in the country, you can find everything you need to know to get ready for an au pair stay in Italy on these pages. Use these resources to research, plan and be perfectly prepared for an Italian au pair stay.
With its special culture and history, its delicious cuisine and warm-hearted people, Bella Italia has a tremendous amount to offer to young people. And as an au pair you get far more from the country than as an ordinary tourist. For Italian host families, hosting an au pair offers all the advantages of more flexible childcare and extra help with family management plus a special experience of intercultural sharing.
How to become an au pair or a host family in Italy? For more information and all the requirements, simply scroll down to find out more.
Requirements for au pairs
Become an au pair in Italy - What are the requirements?
- You are between 18 and 30 years old (EU citizens can already go to Italy as an au pair at the age of 17).
- You have a nationality other than Italian.
- You are not married and have no children.
- You can afford the trip to Italy.
- You would like to go to Italy as an au pair to live with a host family, take care of their children and get to know the Italian culture and language.
You fulfil all the requirements?Perfetto! Then you can look forward to a great time in Italy with a host family. Find out more about entry requirements and other conditions on the pages below.
You don't fulfil all the requirements?Then unfortunately you cannot be an au pair in Italy. But don't give up. There are lots of other countries to consider. Check now in which countries you can become an au pair.
Requirements for host families
Here's what you need to host an au pair in Italy:
- You have at least one child under the age of 18 living in your household.
- You can provide your au pair with an individual room.
- You would like to have an au pair join your family on a temporary basis to help with childcare and light household tasks.
- You speak Italian in your daily family life.
- You are ready to make time available for your au pair to attend a language course.
- You have a different nationality than your au pair.
You fulfil all the requirements?That's great, you can move ahead. You'll find au pairs that fit your criteria in your EasyFind. Remember to check if your au pair also fulfils the necessary requirements to come to you.
You don't fulfil all the requirements??Then unfortunately you cannot use AuPairWorld for your search.
Further information on an au pair stay in Italy
Video: One Au Pair Day in Lucca, Italy
We accompanied the Franceschi family and their au pair Lisa with out camera team and captured their impressions and experiences of au pairing in the video below.
Ready for the next step?
We'll be happy to help you on your way.