Au pair in Finland
What are the requirements for an au pair stay in Finland? Here au pairs and host families will find everything they need to know to get ready for an au pair stay in Finland. Check your eligibility and use these resources to research, plan and be perfectly prepared for a Finnish au pair stay.
Experience the summer solstice in Finland or travel through fabulous snow-covered landscapes in winter. And perhaps there will be a chance encounter with Santa Claus as he's reputed to have his home in the Finnish North ;-) And if that doesn't convince you, then surely the Northern Lights will - a natural wonder of epic scope. Not to mention Helsinki - one of Europe's coolest and most unique capital cities. Finnish host families meanwhile can share the pleasures of Scandinavian culture with their au pairs and enjoy flexible childcare support in their homes.
Sounds great, doesn't it? Then check out the requirements for au pairs and host families in Finland and take your next step!
Requirements for au pairs
Here's what you need to be an au pair in Finland:
- You are between 17 and 30 years old.
- You are unmarried and have no children.
- You have not worked before as an au pair in Finland or in another country.
- You plan to stay for a maximum of 12 months with a host family.
- You are not related to your host family and have a different nationality from them.
- You have studied the Finnish or Swedish languages and Finnish culture or can show that you have a special interest in these subjects.
- You have sufficient financial resources to pay for your travel to Finland back to your home country.
- You have health and accident insurance that works for Finland and is valid for your complete stay in Finland.
You fulfil all the requirements? Terrific, Finland is waiting. Use the information below to find out more about entry requirements and the specific conditions for an au pair stay in Finland.
You don't fulfil all the requirements? Then unfortunately you cannot be an au pair in Finland. But don't give up. There are lots of other countries to consider. Check now in which countries you can become an au pair.
Requirements for host families
Here's what you need to host an au pair in Finland:
- At least one child under 18 lives in your household.
- You have a separate room for your au pair.
- The au pair should stay with you for a maximum of one year and help with childcare and light housework.
- You speak Finnish or Swedish in your daily family life.
- You are not related to the au pair and have a different nationality from your au pair.
- You can help your au pair find a language course that fits with the au pair duties.
You fulfil all the requirements? That's great, you can move ahead. You'll find au pairs that fit your criteria in your EasyFind.
You don't fulfil all the requirements? Then unfortunately you cannot use AuPairWorld for your search.
How do I organise an au pair stay in Finland?
Au pairing experiences in Finland - Reports from AuPairWorld users:
Ready for the next step?
We'll be happy to help you on your way.