Au pair in France
All the information for optimal preparation for the au pair stay in France. Find out what requirements au pairs and host families in France need to fulfil and all the other important aspects of an au pair stay
Who doesn't have dreams of what life in France can offer? The special style of a Parisian café, hiking through fields of lavender in the Provence, soaking up sun in the southern cities or on the beaches. And French families of course have so much to gain from hosting an au pair - help with childcare, added flexibility with household management and cultural exchange right at home.
Requirements for au pairs
Au-pairs in France - these are the requirements:
- You are between 18 and 30 years old (from 17 years old for EU citizens).
- You are not married and have no children.
- You have a nationality other than French.
- You have at least a basic knowledge of French.
- You are studying in your home country or have a school leaving certificate that entitles you to study (no restriction for EU and EFTA citizens).
- You are willing to go to France for at least 3 months.
- You can afford the trip to France.
- You are willing to attend a language course during your stay in France (compulsory for EU citizens).
You fulfil all the requirements? That's great! Your adventure as an au pair in France can begin.
You don't fulfil all the requirements? Then unfortunately you cannot become an au pair in France. But don't give up. There are lots of other countries to consider. Check now in which countries you can become an au pair.
Requirements for host families
Host an au pair in France - How it works
- There are one or more children aged at least 3 but under 18 living in your household.
- The au pair will have her own room with you during her stay.
- The tasks of your au pair should be the care of your children and light housework.
- They speak French in their daily lives.
- You are willing to host your au pair for at least 3 months.
- You are willing to give the au pair enough time to attend a language course.
You fulfil the requirements? Then you're ready to take the next step. You can find au pairs that fit your search criteria with your EasyFind search manager.
You don't fulfil the requirements? Unfortunately you may not use AuPairWorld for your search in this case.
Further information on au pairing in France:
Stories from au pairs in France:
- Siska's experience in France: from the process to the end
- Michelle, a british au pair in the French Alps
- Video: Ellie, a kiwi au pair in a small town
More information on au pairing in France:
Ready for the next step?
We'll be happy to help you on your way.