In operation since 1999
4 million+ customers
Our vision as an au pair agency in the internet is that we live in an open, inclusive world created through the power of intergenerational cultural exchange.
Our mission is to enable many people from all over the world to experience a unique cultural exchange as an au pair and host family. To achieve this, we design an effective service that continuously simplifies and improves technical, organisational and structural processes.
We do this because au pairing offers special benefits for young people, children and parents to develop their skills and resources through mutual sharing.
What makes AuPairWorld special
- AuPairWorld has the largest selection of currently searching au pairs and host families.
- We carefully check profiles of au pairs and host families.
- We offer up-to-date and detailed information on the au pair stay in the most popular host countries – available around the clock and in five languages.
1997 - To begin with, a personal search
In 1997/98, company founder Uwe Regenbogen was looking for an au pair for his family. After a disappointing contact with a traditional au pair agency, he had the idea that the internet could deliver better results and a larger selection of candidates. He was right in thinking this. Using then existing internet resources, he quickly found the first of what came to be 12 au pairs for his family.
1999 - The free portal goes online
Using his experience as a programmer, Uwe Regenbogen decided to develop a new portal for au pairs and host families. His goal was to create a website that gave both host families and au pairs the chance to find each other as quickly as possible – without third-party intermediaries. At the end of 1999, www.aupair-world.net went online as a free portal. After a domain change in 2015, AuPairWorld is now found at www.aupairworld.com.
2002 - Introduction of Premium Membership
AuPairWorld has a relaunch and parts of the website require payment for use. The Premium Membership is launched.
2004 - The AuPairWorld team grows
The first employees are hired, and a multilingual customer support team is developed.
2011 - One million users
The one-millionth user registers on AuPairWorld. A new messaging systems makes it possible for users to exchange messages in a secure environment directly via AuPairWorld.
2014 - AuPairWorld is named Hessen-Champion
The two-millionth user registers on AuPairWorld. In its 15th year of doing business, AuPairWorld is named Hessen Champion in the category "World Market Leader" in connection with the Innovation and Growth Awards of the state of Hessen.
2016 - First Au Pair Meeting in Frankfurt
As of June 2016, AuPairWorld is an elite member of the World Youth Student and Educational Travel Confederation (WYSE).
In September, nearly 100 au pairs come to AuPairWorld's first official Au Pair Meeting in Frankfurt.
2017 - More than 3 million users
AuPairWorld takes a company trip to Dublin, learns a lot about the Irish market and meets with host families and au pairs for an intensive exchange of ideas.
The three-millionth user registers at AuPairWorld. The company offers thanks for the trust of all its users with a self-produced video: "When dreams come true".
2019 - AuPairWorld celebrates its 20th anniversary
AuPairWorld celebrates its 20th anniversary with a move into a new office building.
2021 - 4 million users
In June, the four-millionth user registers on the AuPairWorld website.
2022 - New layout for the My AuPairWorld area
In January 2022, the website moves to a new server environment to ensure the future viability of the platform, accompanied by a new layout for the MyAuPairWorld area.
Interested in more feedback from host families and au pairs?
Then take a look at our customer reviews.
Visit us on our social media channels
Share experiences, get tips, catch up on current news: We always keep you up to date!
Do you have a question or need further information? Then contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christmas giving 2016: Education and food support
- This year, we donated 4,000 euros to Plan International Deutschland to support a tele-teaching project to facilitate successful school completion. The project supports the education of girls in Guatamela.
As AuPairWorld is based in Kassel, Germany, it is also very important to us to provide regional support. 1,000 euros also went to a regional organisation, the Kasseler Tafel e. V. The Kasseler Tafel distributes food to needy citizens.
Christmas giving 2017: International and local charity organisations
- We are impressed by the long-standing work of SOS Children's Villages and their family-orientated approach to helping people. It was therefore an honour for us to be able to support their vision and mission: We donated 3,500 euros to the German member organisation SOS Kinderdorf e.V.
Kasseler Tafel e.V. distributes food to needy persons in Kassel (where we are located) with the help of 140 volunteers and 5 employees. The organisation estimates that more than 3,000 people benefit from this every day, including 750 children under the age of 16. We were therefore delighted to be able to support the Kasseler Tafel in its work this year with a contribution of 1,500 euros.
Christmas giving 2018: Education in Africa and athletics and daycare in Germany
- We were particularly impressed by the project "Education for a better future in Africa". The educational measures - including in kindergartens, schools and vocational training centres - are a great and often the only opportunity for education for many children and young people. As the topic of education is particularly close to our hearts, we were pleased to support the "Education for a better future in Africa" project with a donation of 4000 euros to the German member organisation SOS Children's Villages e.V.
- Our regional involvement went to the Kassel football club SV Harleshausen with a donation of 600 eurs and Schwälmer Zwerge day care centre with 400 euros.
Christmas giving 2019: Every child has a right to education
We have been supporting the work of SOS Children's Villages for many years. The "Education Africa" project helps children and young people to obtain a school-leaving qualification, among other things. This is the basis for positive development and better prospects in adulthood. These educational measures - including in kindergartens, schools and vocational training centres - are a great and often the only chance of education for many children and young people. This year we donated 4,000 euros to the "Education in Africa" project.
Christmas giving 2022: A privilege to help
Three highly worthy charities received support from AuPairWorld this Christmas season:
- The German Red Cross is providing extensive aid to the the civilian population in Ukraine and to persons who have been forced to flee the country after the Russian invasion. AuPairWorld has contributed 5,000 EUR to these efforts.
- The Kasseler Tafel is a foodbank staffed by volunteers based in Kassel, Germany, where AuPairWorld is headquartered. It makes food available to more than 3,000 people every day, including some 750 children. AuPairWorld has contributed 5,000 EUR to support their activities.
- BDKS is another Kassel-based organisation that runs projects for mentally and physically disabled people in sheltered workshops and assisted-living facilities. AuPairWorld has contributed 2,000 EUR to support these activities..