Au pair stay in Spain
What are the requirements for an au pair stay in Spain? Here au pairs and host families will find everything they need to know to get ready for an au pair stay in Spain. Use these resources to research, plan and be perfectly prepared for a Spanish au pair stay.
Learn the world language Spanish. Experience the special culture of Spain - fiestas, siestas and so much more as new experiences for au pairs. And Spanish host families can benefit from the special support an au pair brings to family with childcare and light household tasks.
To manage all of this as well as possible, the first step is to find out about the requirements for au pairs and host families in Spain. It's all here for you:
Requirements for au pairs
What do you need to be an au pair in Spain?
- You are between 18 and 30 years old (from 17 years old for EU and EFTA citizens).
- You are unmarried and have no children.
- You can afford the trip to Spain.
- You have valid health insurance for your whole stay in Spain.
- You speak Spanish and would like to improve your knowledge of thelanguage.
- You are not a Spanish citizen.
- Spanish is not your native language (no restriction for EU and EFTA citizens).
You fulfil all the requirements? Terrific, Spain is ready and waiting for you. Use the information below to find out more about entry requirements and the specific conditions for an au pair stay in Spain.
You don't fulfil all the requirements? Then unfortunately you cannot be an au pair in Spain. But don't give up. There are lots of other countries to consider. Check now in which countries you can become an au pair.
Requirements for host families
Here's what you need to host an au pair in Spain:
- At least one child under 18 lives in your household.
- You have a separate room for your au pair.
- Your au pair should help with childcare and with light household chores.
- You speak Spanish in your daily family life.*
- Your au pair is not a Spanish citizen / You do not have the same nationality as your au pair.
* Families that live in a region where another official language is spoken (e.g Catalan, Galatian or Basque) and speak this language at home should state this in their profile texts so that prospective au pairs know what to expect.
You fulfil all the requirements? That's great, you can move ahead. You'll find au pairs that fit your criteria in your EasyFind.
You don't fulfil all the requirements? Then unfortunately you cannot use AuPairWorld for your search.
Further information on an au pair stay in Spain:
How to become an au pair in Spain
Find out how to become an au pair in Spain with Graham. He's been an au pair in Spain three times now. He'll share with you his process and some tips on how to find the perfect Spanish host family for you.
Ready for the next step?
We'll be happy to help you on your way.