Au pair stay in Luxembourg
Everything that you need to know as an au pair or a host family to get ready for an au pair stay in Luxembourg. Use the resources on these pages to research, plan and be perfectly prepared for a Luxembourg au pair stay. Step by step support for all important questions.
You can learn French in other countries beside France. An au pair stay in multilingual Luxembourg makes it possible. The languages German and Luxembourgish are also spoken there. Host families in Luxembourg who want to share their language, culture and family life can enjoy a helping hand with childcare from an au pair.
Interested? Then take a look at the requirements for au pairs and host families in Luxembourg.
Requirements for au pairs
Become an au pair in Luxembourg - What are the requirements?
- You are between 18 and 30 years old.
- You have at least a basic knowledge of a language that the family uses at home as well as English or one of the three official languages of Luxembourg (French, German or Luxembourgish).
- You have your permanent residence outside Luxembourg.
- You can afford the trip to Luxembourg.
- You have a high school diploma that gives you access to higher education in your country or you have attended school at least until you were 17 years old.
- You are prepared to attend a language course or a course on culture and lifestyle during your au pair stay in Luxembourg.
You fulfil all the requirements? Terrific, Luxembourg can be your next stop. Use the information below to find out more about entry requirements and the specific conditions for an au pair stay in Luxembourg.
You don't fulfil all the requirements? Then unfortunately you cannot be an au pair in Luxembourg. But don't give up. There are lots of other countries to consider. Check now in which countries you can become an au pair.
Requirements for host families
Host an au pair - how it works
- Your family has at least one child under the age of 13.
- You have the possibility to offer your au-pair her own room.
- Your au pair will take care of your children and help with light daily household tasks.
- You are willing to give your au-pair enough time for a language course or a course on culture and way of life and to pay for it.
You fulfil all the requirements? That's great, you can move ahead. You'll find au pairs that fit your criteria in your EasyFind.
Does your au pair also fulfil the requirements necessary to join your family?
You don't fulfil all the requirements? Then unfortunately you cannot use AuPairWorld for your search.
How do I organise an au pair stay in Luxembourg?
Ready for the next step?
We'll be happy to help you on your way.