On AuPairWorld, you can publish your testimonial as a text, photo story or video. Share your personal experience with other users and let them know about the things you wished to have known prior to the start of your au pair stay.
Which are the topics I should address?
All roads lead to Rome which means that there are many different concepts or ways to share your experience. For instance, you could use one of our following popular topics for your story:
My top 10 list – including the most exciting aspects of au pairing
- 10 things I loved,
- 10 things I will miss,
- 10 aspects in an au pair's life,
- 10 activities I loved doing with my host children,
- 10 tips for prospective au pairs,
- 10 locations characterising my au pair year,
- 10 valuable things I learnt.
You can certainly add many more ideas to this list if you wish.
My au pair experience illustrated by four photos – Choose four photos which best describe your au pair stay and write about what they show and mean to you.
Ask your host parents for an interview – In this context, you could talk about topics such as discovering the country, cultural exchange, home sickness, safety, being another family's daughter for a defined period of time, etc.
Describe one day or one week of your au pair stay – Here, you will certainly find many things you wish to talk about, including leisure activities, getting in touch with other au pairs, discoveries and impressions of the country and its people.
Choose your favourite medium: photo, text or video – Express yourself by uploading your photos, text or video on YouTube. However, you need to ensure that you ask your host family for their permission before you send us the relevant details for publication on the Internet. The family members have the right to all images or videos displaying the parents or their children.
Do you need more inspiration? Here you will find some useful tips:
- What did you expect from your au pair stay and were your expectations satisfied?
- Did you get along with your host family and the children? Did you share any activities?
- How did you overcome the culture shock and manage to adjust to your host country?
- Did you travel a lot during your au pair stay abroad? Which places did you see?
- Did you make any new friends? Where did they come from and which activities did you share?
- Were you able to improve your language skills? Which languages did you speak?
- Can you provide any useful tips to prospective au pairs? There are many topics you may wish to address, such as travel and flight, creating bank accounts, communication, settling down, special needs when it comes to meals, duties, shopping, must-see's and must-do's, etc.
- Did you write a blog describing the most beautiful moments of your stay or did you make a video?
- Have you already scheduled your next visit to your host country?