The best summer ever
Who hasn't dreamed of setting off in the summer to discover another country – to see new places, meet new people, experience the world.
Being a summer au pair can make all of that possible for you!
Summer au pair: A whole new world of experience
Taking on an assignment as a summer au pair gives you an important role providing childcare in a foreign family. And it opens the door to great opportunities:
- To experience a foreign culture in the real, up-close context of daily family life
- To make new friends, experience new places, to live like a native and not like a tourist
- To improve your foreign language skills in a real-life setting
- To have a foreign adventure that you finance yourself – with free room and board plus pocket money from your host family
How does a summer au pair stay work?
- Your host family asks you to join them because they need your help with childcare as part of the family team.
- To make a good team together, you need to be ready to give this help and to enjoy working with children.
- Typically au pairs work between 25 and 35 hours a week taking care of the children and helping out with the family routine.
- For this you have a place to stay with your family, meals and pocket money.
- As a summer au pair, usually you will work mornings and afternoons while the host parents are at their jobs and the children would otherwise be in school.
- Sometimes the au pair stay also coincides with family vacation time and you'll be invited to accompany your host family on their summer holiday trip.