How to host an au pair from the EU

Which entry regulations apply to your au pair? Which documents should your EU au pair apply for? Here you will find important information about au pair regulations for EU nationals in Germany.

Register as a family

This page provides you with information on au pairs who are from an EU country. If you are on the wrong page, you can switch to the page How to host an au pair from outside the EU.

EU citizens: Identity card or passport suffices

Au pairs from EU countries can enter Germany on a valid passport or identity card. They only need to register at the resident's registration office (Einwohnermeldeamt). 

Register at the resident's registration office (Einwohnermeldeamt)

Your au pair will need the following documents:
  • Identity card or passport
  • Au pair contract signed by yourself and your au pair

We are continually researching and updating our host country information, but cannot guarantee that all material provided is complete and correct. If you notice gaps or inaccuracies, we would like to hear from you.

Log in to AuPairWorld


Security question

If you forget your password, you must answer a security question correctly. Only then will it be possible to reset your password and regain access to your profile. Please select a question now and enter an answer for it.