Insurance for EU-citizen au pairs whilst outside the EU


EU citizens, who wish to work as au pairs in non-EU countries, will not normally benefit from their statutory EU health insurance. (It is normally not valid outside the EU). Therefore, additional insurance should be taken out for the duration of their stay abroad.

Our tips:
  • Private insurance: to be on the safe side, EU citizens with a private insurance should clarify with their insurer as to whether the insurance covers them whilst abroad and outside of the EU. If so, it is important to know which services are covered in the host country.
  • It always depends upon the host country as to who should bear the insurance costs. In addition to health insurance, it is advisable to take out accident and personal liability insurance.
  • Au pairs should clarify insurance questions with their host families prior to their arrival in their host country.
Back to:

Insurance for EU au pairs in the EU

Log in to AuPairWorld


Security question

If you forget your password, you must answer a security question correctly. Only then will it be possible to reset your password and regain access to your profile. Please select a question now and enter an answer for it.